Join Me on a Journey

My church began a 12 step program called Celebrate Recovery. At first I was like so many that thought that this was only for alcoholism and drug addiction. How wrong I was! This program addresses everything you can possibly imagine. It is applicable to every person. We all have something to recover from even it is just plain old pride. Join me in my journey to recover from co-dependency and any thing else I will happen to discover on this journey.

Monday, October 12, 2009

Lesson 5 - Turn

This lesson starts you on step 3 which states: We made a decision to turn our lives and our wills over to the care of God.

Now at first glance, some of us would quickly say that we already have done this.  After all, I've been a Christian my whole life.  Yet, I got into my lesson like a good student does and I realized that there was more to that statement than I first realized.

"How has relying on your 'own understanding' caused problems in your life?"  Ouch!

Maybe I haven't given Him everything.  I have to hang my head in shame.  So many times I try to do it all my way.  I want to be in charge of my daily life instead of letting Him have it.  Have I given my heart and soul to Him?  Yes.  Have I given Him my daily life?  A humbling No.

In James we are told not to plan for tomorrow without conferring with God and relying on Him for whatever comes.  I've tried to trust in Him.  I've tried to start my day asking Him what He wants me to do.  But the rush of the day starts so fast.  I feel like I live in the life of "Cheaper by the Dozen."  Where can I find the peace to find time with God to give it to Him?  Who says I have to find the peace first before going to the Peace Giver?  That doesn't make sense.


I need to rethink this step.  I need to look deep and see where all those hidden corners are that I've kept from Him.  I need to be more honest and humble to give it ALL to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment