Join Me on a Journey

My church began a 12 step program called Celebrate Recovery. At first I was like so many that thought that this was only for alcoholism and drug addiction. How wrong I was! This program addresses everything you can possibly imagine. It is applicable to every person. We all have something to recover from even it is just plain old pride. Join me in my journey to recover from co-dependency and any thing else I will happen to discover on this journey.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Recovery is Ongoing

I think that this past week I was still at step one.  I hit a depression like none other.  I found myself seeing only the criticism and the rejection.  I longed for approval.  Then amazingly I got it.  What did I do?  I asked if there was a sudden freeze way down below and how soon would the thaw be.

Never satisfied am I?  I really am at step one again.  I have to learn to turn more to God and forget the others.  I do not need their approval.  What I need is to get my spiritual walk where it should be and then it will all fall into place.  Alright!  Easier said than done. 

I am not in control of anything except my reaction to situations.  I cannot control how my kids feel, my husband's actions, my family's tongue, my friends' comments, the economy, the White House, the earthquakes........  Shall I go on.  I can approach each with wisdom and prayer.  I can be in control of that and that alone. 

I might not have an alcohol problem or dealing with the misuse of drugs, but folks that doesn't mean that I don't have something to recover from.  Life hurts and it can take a lot to recover from.  Don't let pride be the only thing that is holding you back (honestly, you do need to recover from that, too).  Turn to God and let Him have it.

If you are interested to learn more about the Celebrate Recovery program, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment