Join Me on a Journey

My church began a 12 step program called Celebrate Recovery. At first I was like so many that thought that this was only for alcoholism and drug addiction. How wrong I was! This program addresses everything you can possibly imagine. It is applicable to every person. We all have something to recover from even it is just plain old pride. Join me in my journey to recover from co-dependency and any thing else I will happen to discover on this journey.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Lesson 3 - Hope

The first question asked in this lesson is where was I placing my hope before I started to rely on Jesus. My first instinct was to say Jesus. After all, He has always been my Lord. But I had begun to see the underlying truth in my life.

Where was I placing my hope? My own power. The approval of others. Both of which is worthless.

I cannot accomplish what needs to be done on my own power. I am so limited. I get exhausted. I have medical issues that worsen the more I rely on myself.

I will never get true approval from others. I will always lack in their eyes. They will always want to control my life.

I had to come to realize that I wasn't relying on God the way I should. I needed to ignore the other people and focus on Him. It isn't easy only because they are so loud in my life. But with God all things are possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment