Join Me on a Journey

My church began a 12 step program called Celebrate Recovery. At first I was like so many that thought that this was only for alcoholism and drug addiction. How wrong I was! This program addresses everything you can possibly imagine. It is applicable to every person. We all have something to recover from even it is just plain old pride. Join me in my journey to recover from co-dependency and any thing else I will happen to discover on this journey.

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Principle 2

Principle two says that I need to "earnestly" believe that God exists and that He is the power that I need to seek to recover.

I'll be honest that this principle comes easy to me because I have believed in God my whole life and I know that He has the power to do ANYTHING. But do I actually act like I do? Do I really rely on Him and His power? In reality, no.

I think that I can do it myself. Why not, everyone else does it. They expect me to do it on my own power therefore I should. That is my co-dependency. I let others dictate my expectations and pathway instead of letting God guide me. It's not easy. I know I need to rely on God, but He is not like the people in my life who are in my face 24/7 nagging me and criticizing me. He is waiting on me to turn to Him.

This hurt. I believe in Him, but I have allowed others to control where I place my trust. No more. He is the only one that can help me, therefore I must rely only on Him and not on society or family for my recovery and future paths.

No comments:

Post a Comment